Friday, March 23, 2012


Pink Slime


Pink Slime is the new epicurean rage. It is incredible, everywhere you go you hear about Pink Slime. Celebrities are talking it up (not throwing it up.) In the food processing business it is known as ‘lean beef trimmings’. As you might expect, it comes from cows. These cows surely eat grain; therefore, it comes from grain. Good clean wholesome grain; nothing to worry about. However I did have a bit of a scare the other day. I had consumed a delicious hamburger for lunch. Then I was hit with the buzz about Pink Slime. The next day I discovered that my stool was a bit pink and I put it down to Pink Slime. It was quite a shock. How could one get pink stool from eating grain product? It didn’t seem logical. I soon was put right in my thinking. An examination of my stool proved that the pinkness was not from grain nor from lean beef trimmings, but from red beets. As it happens, that same evening my lovely lady had prepared for me an enormous portion of roasted and seasoned red beets as part of a vegan dinner. (As well as a carnivore, I am also a vegan.) And it was the beets that had pinkened my stool. What a relief, Pink Slime is back on my menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment