Saturday, March 24, 2012


Tablet Technology

My lovely lady is an artist. She uses a notebook computer in her artistic pursuits. At present she is a bit house bound due to a persistent spinal anomaly and she uses the computer for art ideas. I suggested that perhaps she would benefit from using a tablet; the new wonder of the tech world. She was enthusiastic.
I immediately started researching the various possibilities. There are quite a few choices. I researched them all; the iPad, the color eBook readers with the touch screens, the Android things. There are so many. Finally, after considering everything; features, price and the all important trend buzz, I settled on the Etch-A-Sketch. This is apparently the latest in tablet technology. It is used by all holders of high office in the land. The deciding feature was the ability to start afresh with a simple shake and jiggle. The lack of need to charge or change a battery was also of importance to my decision.
My lovely lady was pleased, but did ask about the possibility of a color model. I explained to her that the rumors coming out of Toledo, Ohio were that the Etch-A-Sketch 4G with a full color retina screen was due out next year and that the minute that it hit the shelves I would place one in her beautifully manicured hands. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to make your loved one happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment